This is my modified verison of Gluten Free cookie recipe. This cookies has a more cake like, softer texture than the other cookie version. My husband prefers this newly modified recipe.
This recipe will makes about 2 - 21/2 dozen cookies.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- 2 1/4 Cup of Silkie Flour Mix (2/3 cup of Brown Rice Flour, 1/2 cup each of white rice flour, tapioca flour, 1/3 cup of corn starch, 1/4 cup of potato starch)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (melted) or 1/2 cup of oil
- 2/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of GF vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 of teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1 cup of white chocolate chip
- 1 tbsp of milk (optional)
- 1/2 cup of macadamias nut (optional)
- Prehead oven to 375 degree and line 2 baking sheet with parchment pager or use nonstick spray to grease the baking sheet.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar and sugar until incorporated, add eggs and vanilla extract until blended
- In a medium bowl, whisk Silkie Flour Mix,
baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt
- Stir the dry ingredients to the butter mix until incorporated.
- Stir in white chocolate chip and Macadamias nut into the cookie dough
- If the dough appears to be a little dry, add in milk but it's entirely optional
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough onto prepared cooking sheet, space them about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies turn golden
- cool cookies for 5 minutes before transferring them into a wire rack