Monday, January 4, 2010
Vegan Suger Cookies
My daughter, Kimi is allergy to dairy; hence no-egg or milk for her. Since she was allergy to Soy when she was younger. She has always drink Ricemilk. With the following recipe, although I call for Ricemilk, but can be substitiue with Soymilk. I used Vanilla favor ricemilk because that's what I have in hand. I have made this for a party and everyone loves it. Nobody really know that it's dairy-free and egg-free.
ALLERGY INFO: Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Soy-Free (if using Ricemilk)
Preparation Time: 1 hr
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Make 2 dozen.
1. 2 cups all-purpose floor
2. 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4. 1/2 cup (1 stick) of Willow Run soybean margarine (room temp.) or 1/2 of oil for Soy-Free*
5. 1 cup sugar
6. 1 Egg substitue **
7. 2 TBSP of ricemilk ***
8. 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
* Willow Run is a Soybean margarine that is great for spreading or baking, with no artificial preservatives or flavoring. This Margarine is made from all vegetables. It also has no funny aftertaste, no aftertaste at all. It does not taste like soy, it just tastes good. To find out more information, visit http://www.organicdirect.com/willow-soybean-margarine-16oz-p-7051.html. To substitute willow run margarine, try use same amount of oil instead.
** 1 large egg = 1 tsp baking powder + 1.5 TBSP water + 1.5 TBSP of oil
*** You can substitue Ricemilk by using Soymilk.
1. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking power in a medium bowl.
2. In the bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar.
3. Add dry ingredients (from step 1) to the butter and sugar mix and mix until incorporated.
4. With mixer runing, add, egg substitue, milk and vanilla; mix until corporated.
5. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 mins.
6. Prehead oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with nonstick baking mats or parchment paper or spray oil spray to baking pan; set aside
7. Scoop dough using a spoon and roll the dough into a ball about an inch in diameter. Space cookies one inch apart on the baking sheet or baking pan.
8. Bake for 10 minutes and make sure not to brown and over baked. Transfer to wire racks to cool.