This recipe will make about 16 muffins.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 cups of Silkie Flour Mix (1/2 cup each of brown rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca flour, 1/4 cup of corn starch, 1/4 cup of potato starch) - reserve a little bit of flour mix to toss blueberries
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted *
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of milk (cow, soy, rice)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of bakng powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
* If using salted butter, then do not add any salt.
- Prehead oven to 375 degree, place paper liners in the muffin cups or grease cup muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- Mix Silkie flour mix, xanthan gum, sugar, and baking powder together
- Add the melted butter and stir to form a crumbled mixture, set aside
- Use a medium size bowl to mix milk, oil, egg, vanilla until blended.
- Add the mixture from step 4 to the crumbled flour mixture, stirring just until moist to make a batter.
- Lightly toss blueberries in a little Silkie flour mix, then fold them into the batter.
- Use a ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon to scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Fill each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The muffins should be slightly golden brown on the top.
- Let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes before removing for the cup muffin tin.
Please free feel to leave any comment or suggestion on this recipes.