The following recipe will make around 18 - 20 cookies.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 stick salted butter, softened *
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of GF vanilla extract
- 1 egg **
- Silkie Flour Mix (1/3 cup each of brown rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca flour, 1/4 cup of cornstarch, 1/8 cup of soy flour) ***
- 1 3/8 teaspoon of xanthan gum ****
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of milk (cow, soy, rice)
For Dairy-Free and Egg-Free version substitie the following:
* Butter substitue: 1 Stick of Willow Run Soy Margarine or 1/2 cup of oil
** Egg substitute: 1 teaspoon baking powder + 1 1/2 tablespoon warm water + 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
*** Replace the Silkie flour mix to use the regular flour and remove xanthan gum **** completely for non-GF version.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree
- Use mixer to cream butter (oil for dairy-free version), brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla for a minute, then add egg (egg substitute for egg-free version), mix until incorporated.
- Add the Silkie Flour mix, xanthan gum, baking soda and to the mixer. Mix until the ingredients well blended together.
- Use a teaspon or a scooper, drop dough balls (about 1 inch in diameter) onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden on top. Rest the cookies for about 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.