It's has been awhile since my last post... I have put my baking on hold because I was busy with my other hobby. As some of you know or have seen my other blog. I am also enjoy knitting and designing knitwear. So for the past few months, I was busy getting a few projects completed for a quite a few publications. But here is not a place for knitting; it is a place for cooking and baking.
As my husband's garden in full bloom, zucchini is popping up everywhere.. so it's only appropriate that I baked some zucchini bread! So here it is...
Make a loaf
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50-65 Minutes
- 1/2 stick of salted butter
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (optional)
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of Silkie Flour Mix (3/4 cup of Brown Rice Flour, 1/4 cup white rice flour, 1/4 cup of Tapioca flour, 1/4 cup of corn starch and a little bit of potato starch)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp of xantham gum
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of ground cinniman
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of GF vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup of chopped Walnut (optional) - with nuts version
- 1/2 cup of chocolate Chips (optional) - chocolate chips version
- 2 tbsp of light brown sugar for sprinkle on top (optional)
- Prehead oven to 350 degree, greased 1 8 by 4 by 2-inch loaf with oil spray or line the pan with parchment paper.
- Use mixer, cream butter and sugars until fluffy
- With mixer running, add egg and vanilla extract to the mixture
- Whisk flour mix, baking powder, baking soda, salt, xantham gum, nutmeg and cinniman together and add the dry ingredient to the wet ingredient in the mixer
- If the dough appears too dry, add 1/4 of vegatable oil
- Fold zucchini and walnut (optional - for nut version) or chocolate chips (optional - chocolate chips version) into the batter
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, if desires, spinkle a couple 2 tbsp brown sugar on top of the batter
- Bake for 55-65 mins until golden brown or skewer insert in the center comes out clean
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serve.