Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!!!!


Happy Chinese New year everyone. This is the year of tiger... so this year is sort of my year since I am born on the year of tiger way back when. Anyway... I am going to my friend house for new year dinner later this evening and I am trying out some new recipes for cookies and other dishes. I will post them later when I got the Chance to post it. Above is a pictures of my Vegan Cookies Platter; it contains Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and my sugar cookie. For those of you that are not chinese, the characters in the front said 'Happy New Year!'

Now the picture here is newer recipe for my favorite Gluten Free White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Macademia Nuts. My other recipe is good but it's a little bit too runny when baking. I have modified the ingredient and I came up with a better version of the cookie. I will post it when I got a chance to write it down.




Now the pictures here is the my Gluten-Free and Vegan spring roll filling. I have made this for a long time and my neighbor always wanted the recipe. It is so easy that I am too afraid to give out my secret. But I am going to share it. In chinese tradition, pork and shrimp are often included in the fillings. I opted for vegetarian version. The wrapper skin is not typically used wheat flour. For Gluten-free version, I actually wrap my filling using rice paper and it is not deep fry. In a way, it is heavier.


Here is a closer look of my Vegan Double chocolate Chips Cookie. It's my daughter favorite now. She loves the cocoa powder in the dough.

I promise, all the recipes will be posted as soon as I get the chance too and again.. Happy Chinese New Year Everyone and stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment