Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gluten-Free Awareness

It's been awhile since my last post. Life has been busy lately and I will try to keep up with my blog as much as possible. I have a couple recipes in the work so stay tune.

The main reason for this blog is to share something I saw last week in a conference and I was very excited about. I was in Boston last week for a pretty big conference - EMC World. For those people in the IT industry, probably know or at least heard of the company EMC. I am not here to discuss the company but to share what I had experienced in the food offering in the conference... whether it's the arrangement of the conference or the hotel that the conference is being hold... it was a great news for anyone who is in GF diet.

The conference, it was just like a typical conference with thousands of attendees. The conference offered breakfest and lunch for the most days. The way the meal setup were pretty typical as well.. the dining hall has about 30 food lines set up and I was just assuming all the line were the same... in fact my assumption was correct; 29 out of 30 food lines were indeed the same; offering pretty general food and nice selection of food for different dietary needs. However, I was shocked to see that the very first food line had a sign said 'Gluten Free Only'. I was shocked because I have never would have imaging that there would be a delicated food line especially for 'Gluten Free' diet. As more people are dignosed with Celiac Disease or with wheat allergies or choose to be in 'Gluten Free' diet, the growing awareness of the needs to serve GF in the hotel and restaurant is a wonderful news.

It's happy to see the change and I am hoping more hotel and restaurant will adopt to the need... now my husband is attending a conference next month in Orlando... just hope that same arrangement will set up in his conference!  

No comments:

Post a Comment